New Haircut and Color at Shunji Matsuo by Lily Xu

22:36

Went for a hair cut and color at Shunji Matsuo by Lily Xu, which was located at Far East Plaza. Saw many good reviews about it, and I had wanted to get my hair colored. I made an appointment with no stylist preference and brought my friend along too!

The shop looks really cosy and simple.

My stylist was Victor. Quite a nice guy. He intro-ed me to the ash brown color (more towards ash color) because I requested for a darker color. I was afraid that if I color something light, I might give my boss and colleagues a big shock tomorrow when I'm back at work. I didn't want to risk that, so I asked for a darker color.

Colored my hair first and the guy who colored my hair was really patient! The last time I did my hair coloring at the salon near my house, they did it in bunches and the coloring was quite uneven. Although the coloring took some time, it was worth it. That guy was very patient as he did it by a few strands each time. After that, I was done and the color was left to set without any steaming. During that period, my friend was sitting beside me having her haircut by her stylist, Simon.

20 mins later, I got another coloring again and 20 minutes later or so, I went to have my hair washed! YAY!!! The service is really good! Its really like the one in Japan, except that they didn't cover the face with a cloth. The one I experience in Japan, did cover the face with a cloth to avoid the water from splashing onto the customer's face.

Anyway, I'll make things short from here.

After washing was the trimming of the ends as I requested for trimming only. And then treatment! During the treatment process, I did gave thought on changing a new hairstyle, as I'm abit sick of long hair. But I wasn't suited for short hair cuts as it would make my face bigger, so I stick to long hair. Then I thought about having medium length hair which was quite good. So I told Victor that I want to cut it shorter and he took out a mirror and asked where I want to cut up to. I chose 2 inches, which was quite alot to me. Haha!!

And it came out really nice. Got my bangs shorten too, but its abit too short. Initially, it was cut straight, but after that I requested it to be cut slanted abit.

Overall, it was a good experience and I'm definitely going back there again for another hair cut or color next year. I might go in November to color one more time, and then going back to Japan to do another hair coloring n cut at Collet Olive! Too bad, my hair stylist in Japan isn't working at Collet Olive anymore *sad*


I must really thank Victor for being patient coz I'm a very super indecisive person. And I can't make up my mind if I want to have my hair cut or not,coz I did mentioned that if I cut it short, I would regret badly. Not only that, he also asked me if the color was alright twice.


For those who are interested, you can go to this web link which is Shunji Matsuo's FB for more details!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/ICON-Shunji-Matsuo-By-Lily-Xu/230311390349723
Address for the shop is:
14 Scotts Road,
#01-35 Far East Plaza,
(S)228213

Do go to them if you want to get our hair done really nice! :D

Here's some pictures that I've took with my iPhone. (No final pics, coz they are in my friend's camera)





P.S. Sorry for the bad photos. ^^"

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images